Bill Ataras wrote:
Google doesn't give me much. I've gotten good results in a few hours so
far (I'm browsing with it now:) writing a valve that passes through http
traffic using the host field and filtering some headers. Takes advantage
of all the coyote connection/http11/thread stuff. Installs in
StandardEngine via server.xml config and doesn't pass the request to
invokeNext() so no need to config context/host etc.

I'm wondering if anyone has used tomcat in this way for real (beyond a
few hours of mucking around).

Personally, I would write the proxy as the Coyote adapter. That should faster as you can use reusable buffers instead of manipulating String objects. Your solution would work fine, though :)

Add in LB and a caching engine, and that's a feature we'd be very happy if you contributed :)

Remy