If I had to do this ... (and performance is not an issue)

- Look at HttpClient
- Make sure sessions are not on
- Create one webapp with one servlet mapped to EVERYTHING
- Your servlet decodes the incoming request, and uses HttpClient to make the new request.

Then your proxy is servlet container agnostic.

-Tim

Bill Ataras wrote:
Google doesn't give me much. I've gotten good results in a few hours so
far (I'm browsing with it now:) writing a valve that passes through http
traffic using the host field and filtering some headers. Takes advantage
of all the coyote connection/http11/thread stuff. Installs in
StandardEngine via server.xml config and doesn't pass the request to
invokeNext() so no need to config context/host etc.

I'm wondering if anyone has used tomcat in this way for real (beyond a
few hours of mucking around).