Installed 5.0.9 from exe (win2k)
1) startup.bat worked fine, but the icon which calls tomcatw.exe" //GT//Tomcat5 fails will some "Current Thread not owner error"
2) Race conditions and connection handling in JDBCRealm - plus a whole host of other JDBCRealm bugs in Bugzilla applicable to 4 and 5. I hope early next week to have a patch which will close many of the JDBCRealm bugs.
3) Need to reinvestigate the JNDIRealm bug reopened.

For the first error - I am sure I just need to look through bugzilla, or the archives and just need to add something to the README. (User error)

For the last 2 errors - tomcat can be considered beta or stable with the buggy JNDIRealm and JDBCRealms since the tomcat4.1 version of the same code was part of a stable release.

-Tim

Remy Maucherat wrote:
<ballot>
[X] Alpha