On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, robert burrell donkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> the download statistics (supply by infrastructure)

[1]

> show that unmirrored tomcat downloads from these directories are
> still proving far too popular.

In particular it seems that people are downloading 4.1.24 instead of
the latest release.  After looking around a bit, I think they are
getting there via freshmeat.net.

Remy, could you please announce the 4.1.27 release at freshmeat and
use http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi as URL for all
download types (sourceindex.cgi for the sources, of course).

> 1. all available distributables for the latest tomcat 3, tomcat 4
> and tomcat 5 releases be added to the appropriate mirrored
> directories and linked to jakarta download pages.

Only the latest stable releases, I'd say.

Please also note the conversation between myself and Glenn in another
thread about the connector releases.

> 2. the older releases for tomcat 3, tomcat 4 and tomcat 5 be moved
> into the ASF archives

this shouldn't include betas/alphas/milestones either IMHO.

3. move betas/alphas/milestones to <http://cvs.apache.org/dist/jakarta/>.

I'm not sure whether there is any point in keeping unstable releases
that have been superseded by newer releases around at all.  Just MHO.

> (unless someone else steps forward) i'll volunteer to carry out this
> work.

Thanks

        Stefan

Footnotes: