On Thu, 04 Sep 2003, Remy Maucherat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I used Freshmeat for some time, and concluded it is useless

Sure, but users go there and follow the links.

> (not user friendly, their admins are not very nice and few people in
> the Java community use it).

Take a look at <http://www.apache.org/~slive/bandwidth-hogs.txt>,
Tomcat 4.1.24 from the unmirrored directory comes far far in front of
the mirrored 4.1.27 (downloaded more than twice as often).

I cannot find any other link pointing to the 4.1.24 release, so it
seems that quite a few people use Sourceforge.

IMHO it would be better to either drop the freshmeat listing
completely or adjust the download URLs to point to the bin/sourceindex
pages (that would be correct for future releases as well).

Stefan