Petr Jiricka wrote:
Remy Maucherat wrote:

Yes, there is.
There's a serialization file which is used to avoid rescanning, unless a JAR is modified.

That's true, but that does not help on the very first start, only on subsequent restarts. So I see that this proposal will not represent any performance improvement on second and subsequent starts. I still think we should look for a way to improve the first start time.

Thanks for confirming what I was suspecting. I strongly disagree with that kind of optimizations unless it has zero useability impact. Since it can cause usert errors, I am changing my vote to a -1.

I think this is good enough, and hence my -0 (I'm leaning towards -1 now, as this could indeed be misused; I'd like to see some performance improvement before changing my vote).

What I don't like about Jan's proposal is the need for user configuration. But what's wrong with having a list of well known jar files and skipping those?

OTOH, I'm ok with adding a list of JARs known not to have a TLD.

Remy