Shapira, Yoav wrote:

Howdy,

I think this kind of classloading structure can be configured in TC 5
using the catalina.properties.

If it can be achieved via configuration, I'm happy ;) How can it be done?

You can set empty contents to the repositories list in catalina.properties, and then move whatever is required to common/endorsed. The CL ierarchy will still exist (but they won't contain anything).

Is that useful ? I don't really see how. (ex: if you have no loader for
a webapp, it won't work) I think you should elaborate more.

I suggested that one in order to simply supporting users. The less stuff that happens behind the scenes as far as configuration, the better. It should all be visible, so that on the user mailing list we can say "this happens because line XXX of server.xml you have this string." Contrast with "as part of tomcat's default context initialization, the property gets assigned this default value, which you can override by adding this element to server.xml, see config reference here." The more users can see by themselves by inspecting server.xml, the better IMHO.

Possibly :)
It's a bit hard to answer. The more XML is needed, the more intimidating it looks.

Remy