Remy Maucherat a écrit :

Glenn Nielsen wrote:

Henri Gomez wrote:

Remy Maucherat a écrit :

Henri Gomez wrote:

No reply for this request ?

Should I assume I could start to work on settings the currentWorking
dir at web.xml dir location at web.xml parsing time ?

I like basing the resolution on the host appBase a lot more.

Well it will be problematic for all TC 3.2/3.3 users since the
location was the web.xml (which seems more realist).

Let me explain :

If you have a large and segmented web application, you won't put
all the settings in the same web.xml.

So you're using entities in web.xml to load parts of the applications
from files present in WEB-INF, whatever webapp location could be.

<!ENTITY ap_part1         SYSTEM "app_part1.xml">
<!ENTITY ap_part2    SYSTEM "app_part2.xml">
<!ENTITY ap_part3    SYSTEM "app_part3.xml">

&ap_part1;
&ap_part2;
&ap_part3;

With a load base relative to app base you break such 'natural'
behaviour.

Also consider that you could have many webapps, in many differents
locations (think ISP/ASP), which didn't have to know the location of
the appBase.

If you want we could make it Context optional but the choice should be
present to allow sites using TC 3.2/3.3 to switch more easily to 5.0...

Henri, this issue is only related to loading of ENTITY's from web.xml?

Doesn't the XML parser handle resolving those, and can't you use references
relative to the directory the web.xml is in?

I think I have misunderstood stuff. It is ok to base resolution on the webapp docBase (but not on the server home directory).

As Glenn says, it seems more logical to base it on the location of web.xml.

Allelouia, we agree ;)

The base should be the location of web.xml (la prochaine fois j'envoie un mail en français :---)