First, I'd like to say that we should *not* consider the following issue as one to prevent a "stable" label for Tomcat 5.0.16.

That said, I've noted that if you do:

response.setContentLength( 0 );

All subsequent setHeader(), etc, calls are ignored -- Tomcat considers the response commited.

Is this as per the spec? Or is this an odd corner case?

[The fact that we have code that does a setContentLength(0) seems to be an odd corner case in and of itself... I've worked around this in our code by ensuring that this call is always made after all other headers are assigned.]

--
Jess Holle