+1

I would even suggest distribute something like this as the ordinary server.xml, and rename the other as server-examples.xml.

Why? I do most of my tomcat-work with "initial" users, i e either students taking classes or people doing their first installation. They are not helped by the "rich" server.xml as they do not yet grasp all the concepts. To them it would be a lot better to start with a small server.xml and then add features as they understand them.

And the power-users? Well, they usually think the server.xml is cluttered with all those examples they already understand.

So examples are great, but I think they should be elsewhere than in the production config file.

Dan Johnsson

Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:

+1

You can also remove the xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false", since they are optionals.

-- Jeanfrancois

Shapira, Yoav wrote:

Hi,
IMHO the server.xml that comes with tomcat by default
($CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml) is nice in that it provides many
comments and examples.  But I think power users would appreciate a
minimal version as well, so I've created one, as shown below.  Should we
distribute something like this, perhaps as
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/server-minimal.xml?

<Service name="Catalina">
<Connector port="8080"
enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100"
debug="0" connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" />

   <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">
             prefix="catalina_log." suffix=".txt"
             timestamp="true"/>

     <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
      unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
                directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_log." suffix=".txt"
           timestamp="true"/>

</Host>

</Engine>

</Service>

</Server>

Yoav Shapira Millennium ChemInformatics

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else. If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender. Thank you.

-- _________________________________________________ Dan Johnsson | Säkerhetsarkitekt [EMAIL PROTECTED] | www.omegapoint.se tel 0709-15 88 43 | fax 08-517 008 29 Omegapoint AB - din säkra punkt i tillvaron