Dan Johnsson wrote:
I would even suggest distribute something like this as the ordinary server.xml, and rename the other as server-examples.xml.
/.../
So examples are great, but I think they should be elsewhere than in the production config file.

Remy Maucherat wrote:
This does sound like vallid points.

However, we would have to add an AJP connector to the mix so that the "minimal" config is out of the box compatible with the current default config.

Sounds like a reasonable compromise to me.

We would need a realm as well.

Most probably: without one it will be hard for the beginners to use the manager app, something they definately want to do. (Or is it enough that the settings needed (realm, add user, etc) are described in the Management HOW-TO?

        Dan Johnsson