I Think there is misUnderstandings here,

first i didnt said that tomcat works "ONLY" for 'some
development/demo site'. but I mean "WHY Tomcat must
not use for production mode?" , as Apache, That it the
best known Web Server in the world, in performance,
security and many other major factors. I ask this
question or recommend this option cause of I Love
Tomcat, and I work with it several years.

second, I think, 5% performance upgrade is very good
for a version update, and i think if we use static
byte arrays instead of normal strings, in normal
JSPs(because they have very much static strings)
performace will be more increased than 5%.

anyway, JSPs is very small part of Web Site System.
Application Server is very bigger part of it. then
optimizing servers always increasing performance
better and more significant. but I know, WebApp
architecture and Design is very very important for
performance.

Thanx for your Reply.
Roozbeh