Hi Mark,

Mark Thomas wrote:
Mark,

One final question. The javadoc bugs I was looking at were of the following types:
- @returns used rather than @return
- @seealso used rather than @see
- etc

Yuck. :) It's unfortunate we didn't catch those earlier. I'm definitely interested in a list of any such bugs in the JSP APIs and I'm sure Yutaka is too, for Servlet. Please send a summary of any such errors to the spec aliases and we'll be sure to catch them in the next revision of the specs.

Is it permitted to make changes to fix these? There were no changes to the actual text of the javadoc.

Unfortunately, the answer is no, even though it seems rather silly. The reason is that the specifications themselves have an auto-generated copy of the javadocs in PDF format, and the assertion list for the TCK is generated, in part, based on the javadoc tags. Converting an incorrect @returns to a correct @return would make both the spec PDF and assertion list get out of sync with the API workspace. There are other side-effects as well.

Thanks in advance for the summary to the specification aliases!

---
Mark Roth, Java Software
JSP 2.0 Co-Specification Lead
Sun Microsystems, Inc.