Mark Roth wrote:
Unfortunately, the answer is no, even though it seems rather silly. The reason is that the specifications themselves have an auto-generated copy of the javadocs in PDF format, and the assertion list for the TCK is generated, in part, based on the javadoc tags. Converting an incorrect @returns to a correct @return would make both the spec PDF and assertion list get out of sync with the API workspace. There are other side-effects as well.

Thanks in advance for the summary to the specification aliases!

I think we should refuse reports against the APIs, and direct folks to Sun or the JCP.

Rémy