On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 01:11:12AM +0900, TANAKA Yoshihiro wrote:
> Hi, Happy New Year!
> I wrote patches that allow to choose any virtual host of Tomcat
> when you operate HTML Manager, Manager Servlet, and Deployer.
> I put patches and screen shots on:
> http://www.ytp.ne.jp/tech/tomcat/manager/index.html
>
> I hope committers would try and apply the patches. It's my pleasure
> to debug, if any.

This breaks security for virtual hosting by allowing anyone who can
authenticate to use the manager to manage all virtual hosts.
Though this may be easier for you it prevents me from administering
a Tomcat server where multiple virtual hosta are managed by different
customers.

Therfor I am -1 for applying this patch.

An acceptable patch would be to extend the existing manager class with
a new class which implements this "feature".  Then those administering
Tomcat can choose which version of the manager they want to install.

Regards,

Glenn