> From: Henri Gomez
>

> As many I feel that jk (and maybe also jk2) are now pretty
> stable, and I don't see the need for a new just web/tomcat connector.

Finally someone :-).

That's why I did try to use the revolutionary approach. Jet another
connector wouldn't make a much difference (quite contrary thought).

If there is a need among community for slightly different-then-connector
approach (I've used the term integrator, and IMO it would better describe
that new concept), we should discuss that further.

But this time I'd like to spend a month or so doing 'real' design without
the single line of code. If we manage to put and describe our needs on the
paper, the coding itself will took insignificant amount of time. If this
plan shows that 90% of the existing codebase can be reused; even better.

But once again, I don't wish to be limited by the existing codebase, that
will limit the design from the start. If we manage to put ourselves in the
neutral possition, we might do something.

> And we even a little more ambitious, we could think in term
> of Java to Native broker, not sure Tomcat to Native...

If we on the end decide that this new integrator isn't what we need (or we
don't have enough resources to implement it), at least it will show some
directions for the existing connectors to follow.

MT.