As usual, these types of comparisons aren't really useful or even desirable. I
remember there used to be a benchmark JSR, but it was with drawn. one of these days, a
standard set of web and ejb benchmark apps should be created. that way, instead of the
usual simple jsp tests, the performance measurements would be more indicative of how a
webapp might perform.

from my own experience with coyote connector, it is equal to SunOne, orion, resin, and
weblogic. this is based on real applications benchmarked on several servlet
containers. Compared to Tomcat 3.2 and older, TC5 has made great strides and remy has
worked his butt off. I won't bother pointing out flaws in other servlet containers,
since it leads to flame wars. you can google for that information yourself.

peter lin

Remy Maucherat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jess Holle wrote:
> Any and all performance improvements would be greatly appreciated.
>
> For those who have not seen it, Sun is touting their "SunONE is better
> performed / more scalable than Apache 2 + Tomcat" benchmark. While
> Tomcat and mod_jk[2]'s sole goal is not to scale and perform every bit
> as well as every other web server / servlet engine alternative and
> benchmarks are often full of lies, I think it is in everyone's best
> interest to keep an eye out for opportunities to ensure Tomcat 5 remains
> competetive in terms of performance and scalability.

Good for them. However, I'd like to point out that mod_jk 2 is not the
best for throughtput. The HTTP connector is. Performance wise, it can't
really improve anymore, but I'll try to optimize memory usage to get
more scalability (I think it's good enough right now, though).

Rémy