Remy Maucherat wrote:
Any comments on this ?

All done. The changes are not too intrusive, since TC 5 already required JMX.
This should hopefully make Tomcat useable through JMX remote on JDK 1.5 (which was my plan, if you remember my emails a few weeks ago).

The object name to use in most cases is Catalina:type=ServerClassLoader,name=server (the object name is mostly hardcoded)

The webapp CLs are also registered, which is not as useful. If some webapps are JMX aware, this could be used to instantiate their MBeans remotely.
Example object name: Catalina:type=WebappClassLoader,path=/,host=localhost

Rémy