Hi,

>Don't know if that would solve the amount of fake list subscription,
but
>perhaps the mechanism like one on bugzilla (for creating accounts)
would
>help.
>I know it would require lot of work to implement that, but IMO it will
stop
>the auto subscribe programs.

It will stop the auto-subscribe programs, but at too great an
infrastructure cost I think.  Anyways, it's not my call: you can send an
email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED], I'm not sure
which is more appropriate, with this idea to see what they'd say.

>The other solution would be to make a 'black-list' for certain
subscribers.
>Take a look for a radgametools.com for example. Seems they have auto
>subscriber, so who will loose the temper you or a computer program?
>For such users we can make a 'black-list' that will need list moderator
>subscribe approval, if the program tries to subscribe again once moved
>'black-list'.
>In such cases you (as a list moderator) will be able to exchange few
emails
>making sure that the subscriber understands the rules implied.

Yup, and ezmlm supports this via a deny list functionality.  However,
this feature is not available to list moderators such as myself under
the current setup and must be requested from the general mail
administrator.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.