Sandy McArthur wrote:

On Jul 14, 2004, at 11:17 AM, Henri Gomez wrote:

jk 1.2.6 seems to be in a good shape and a release should be welcome
for many users.

I'd like to release jk 1.2.6 next week.

Any objections ?

I have one gripe with the way mod_jk chooses the session tracking cookie.

I'm not a dev but I just tracked down a bug that has been causing us, University of Florida, some pain for a few weeks.

I'm currently verifying that I'm not full of it before I filed a bug report but the short version is:

mod_jk seems to pick the first cookie ending in JSESSIONID such as PSJSESSIONID as opposed to what the servlet spec says in section 7.1.1: "The name of the session tracking cookie must be JSESSIONID."

Take a look at the get_cookie function in jk_lb_worker.c and walk though it with input similar to:

Cookie: PSJSESSIONID=FOOBAR; JSESSIONID=BAZZORK.jvm#

Bill patched the lb_worker to fix that.

Could you take the latest code in CVS and check to see if it solve your
problem ?

Regards