Costin Manolache wrote:

Jess Holle wrote:

Andy Armstrong wrote:

Jess Holle > Getting the IIS connectors to work with IIS 6 appears to be rocket

science though. [Dang thing just shows a red down arrow on the filter whatever you do without giving any real error!]

Heh. Having spent two days getting the filter to work on IIS I'm thinking about starting to sell a consultancy service based on getting JK2 working. I actually wrote, debugged, documented and delivered a non trivial ISAPI filter for a different project in less time than it took me to get JK2 working.

This is the JK, nor JK2, based connector in my case, but:

  1. There are documented missing configuration steps out on the web
     for IIS 6 that should be verified and placed in the Tomcat isapi
     documentation.
  2. Any hint as to what to do other than start over again and hope for
     better luck would be great appreciated.  [I used the
     'isapi_install.vbs' script in hopes of having fewer error-prone
     manual steps.  Was that a bad idea?]

I'd have kept this off the 'dev' group, but item (1) is quite glaring at this point in that there are many reports that one cannot use the Tomcat connectors with IIS 6 without extra configuration steps beyond what the Tomcat docs provide.

Maybe the best response to this would be to update the docs and say
"tomcat IIS 6 is not supported, plese contact microsoft and ask them to do it". They have plenty of developers and money - they could send a check to Andy and Henri, or do it themself :-)

No ask M$ to make a donation to ASF...

It's better then having people struggle with mod_jk config and feeling it's tomcat developer's job to support IIS.

You could also suggest IIS users to switch to Apache 2.0.50 for Windows :)