Henri Gomez wrote:

It seems we didn't got this CC in tc-dev :

Henri Gomez wrote:

I made some benchs on my Linux Fedora Core 2
on a P4 2.8ghz / 1Gb RAM :

Apache 2 alone         1202 req/s
TC/Coyote         883 req/s

One thing I noticed when looking at Tomcat 5.0.x is that its default,
static-file-delivering servlet does a stat(2) of each path prefix leading
up to the file. A standard installation of Apache 2.x, with FollowSymlinks
enabled, doesn't do these stat calls, for obvious performance reasons.

Is the stat'ing of all the directories leading up to the requested file
in Tomcat intentional (it *is* valuable in some environments for
security purposes), or is it just a side-effect of the implementation?

I really have no idea what this stuff means.

Rémy