----- Original Message -----
From: "Filip Hanik - Dev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 9:13 AM
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Some benchs results : WAS: Invitation to HTTPD
commiters in tomcat-dev]

> The Java VM does this through file handling, we would have to find out
where it issues this call and if we can get around it. The
> Tomcat developers are not calling stat anywhere in the code, but the
underlying JVM code does, we just don't know where

My guess would be File.getCanonicalPath() in FileDirContext.

> Filip

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the
intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and
CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or
distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of this
message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through the
Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information, such as
social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification numbers and
passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.