Yoav Shapira wrote:
Hi,

However, the problem is that I need to modify a method in the top level Manager interface :(

public Session createSession()
must become:
public Session createSession(String sessionId)
(if sessionId is null, a new session id will be generated)

As the createSession() will no longer be used anywhere, and calling it in old managers would create bad behavior, I propose removing it rather than deprecating it.

Why can't createSession() simply call createSession(null) ? That way we could deprecate it and preserve backwards compatibility, at least for a little while. I'm uneasy about simply breaking a major interface, one that's customized often by users.

Right, that's what I tried at first. However, session tracking would break in mysterious ways whenever emptySessionPath is used if we did that. So I considered it was better to remove the method to signal some change is needed.

That was my idea, but I'm ok with adding back the method in Manager (and ManagerBase) as deprecated if you still think it's better.

Other than that, and given Tim's catch and your fix, I'm OK with this.

Ok.

The adjustment I mentioned in my last email to handle jvmRoute might not be needed.

Rémy