Hi,
I think 5.5.8 is a good idea, but I'd like to address the following first:
-  6582  SERVLETAPI: Sample code does not match behavior
-  33224  when webapp config file and directory URL is specified, d...
  (this one may already be addressed by your deployer changes)
- 33362 setclasspath.bat missing @echo off
- 33448 wrong policy in $CATALINA_BASE/conf/catalina.policy
- 33219 Slight code improvement
- 32382 First App -> Example App is misleading
- 33325 add target "clean" to top-level build.xml

All should be fairly easy, I don't have karma for the first, but I'll look
at the others as I have time.  If others fix them first, great ;)

So let's maybe plan for this Saturday for 5.5.8?

Yoav