Concerning socket_timeout:

1) In common/jk_connect.c there is a typo:

   374          setsockopt(sock, SOL_SOCKET, SO_RCVTIMEO,
   375                     (const void *) &tv, sizeof(tv));
   376          setsockopt(sock, SOL_SOCKET, SO_RCVTIMEO,
   377                     (const void *) &tv, sizeof(tv));

so both setsockopts use the same option. It should be SO_SNDTIMEO in line
376. Maybe that's easy enough to change for 1.2.9.

2) The test in configure about functionality of the timeouts is broken.
The test program does not compile under Solaris, because it needs
"-lsocket".

socket                              /var/tmp//ccKuhLE0.o
setsockopt                          /var/tmp//ccKuhLE0.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:19481: $? = 1
configure: program exited with status 1

When I compile the test program with "-lsocket" it compiles but it exits
as expected with "1". So under Solaris the two timeouts are defined in the
include files, but they do not work with setsockopt. Since this doesn't
change the result in the end, it might also be corrected after 1.2.9.

3) in common/jk_connect.c in method jk_is_socket_connected the second
argument "timeout" is never used.

4) Still need to test functionality of socket_timeout under Solaris.

Regards,
Rainer