Hi,
Below is a draft of our TLP proposal.  The format is fairly standard, copied
from other recent TLP promotions.  (You can see those in ASF Board meeting
minutes).

I've added all currently active committers to the initial PMC.  If I've
missed anyone, please let me know.

Part of the proposal is the initial PMC Chairman.  I'd like to put myself up
as a candidate, and if anyone else is interested, now's the time to speak
up.  This is a rotating term anyways, so anyone interested who sticks around
long enough will get a chance to wear the hat.

Once we agree on the draft phrasing, we'll have an actual vote.  I believe
that actually takes place on [EMAIL PROTECTED] rather than tomcat-dev?  Are
there
any active Tomcat committers who are not Jakarta PMC members?  If I were to
guess, maybe Peter anyone else as new?

Yoav

[BEGIN DRAFT PROPOSAL]

X. Establish the Apache Tomcat Project

       open-source software related to the Servlet and Java Server Pages
       specifications, for distribution at no charge to the public.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Tomcat PMC", be and
       hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and
       be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Tomcat PMC be and hereby is
       related to creation and maintenance of open-source software
       related to Servlet and Java Server Pages technologies based on
software licensed to the Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Tomcat" be
       and hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve
       at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
       Apache Tomcat PMC, and to have primary responsibility for
       management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
       of the Apache Tomcat PMC; and be it further

       Apache Tomcat PMC:

           Jean-Francois Arcand ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
           Bill Barker ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
           Tim Funk ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
           Filip Hanik ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
           Jan Luehe ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
           Costin Manolache ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
           Remy Maucherat ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
           Amy Roh ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
           Peter Rossbach ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
           Yoav Shapira ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
           Mark Thomas ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
           Mladen Turk ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

NOTE: Who am I missing?  Kin-man?  Craig?  Keith?  Others?

         NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that [XXXXXXX]
       be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Tomcat, to
       serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
       death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
       until a successor is appointed; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Tomcat PMC be and hereby is
       tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
       encourage open development and increased participation in the
       Apache Tomcat Project; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Tomcat PMC be and hereby is
       tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Jakarta
       PMC Tomcat subproject; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Jakarta Tomcat
       sub-project and encumbered upon the Apache Jakarta PMC are
       hereafter discharged.

[END OF DRAFT PROPOSAL]

Yoav Shapira
System Design and Management Fellow
MIT Sloan School of Management / School of Engineering
Cambridge, MA USA
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]