True. But do others really need to see the GUMP message if they don't want them? Since I should be reading the GUMP failures - it is mandatory for me to see them. But for any other dev lists one is subscribed to (but not committing) - do you really care that the latest build failed? Since the failure messages are small as compared to geronimo - the case is not as compelling.

As for the wiki - it would be nice to get Wiki updates so as to mitigate the possibility of horrible information being posted. While the wiki is not pretty and does not have many pages - it does serve a nice function as a catch-all for various helper links or an alternate way to share HOW-TO information without being a committer.

-Tim

Remy Maucherat wrote:

Tim Funk wrote:

The main use case is when I lurked in geronimo. When a build in geronimo fails - it creates a *massive* email which I as a lurker really don't care about. It also took forever to download of a highspeed line. I also recevied wiki updates when subscribed to the cvs commits which I didn't care about.

Ok, but Tomcat doesn't do either (no wiki updates, no big failure logs).