At 06:38 AM 4/25/2005, Mladen Turk wrote:
>Peter Rossbach wrote:
>>that is a very shot time period for testing.
>
>Well, some of the things are really critical, so that's the reason.

I think that 1.2.8/1.2.9 proved that haste creates this churn.

Once 1.2.11 is ready, isn't it sufficient to point users at that
test version for 2 - 4 weeks, until it truly settles out?  Nothing
but critical/proven bug fixes between .11 and .12?

If they couldn't get the code I'd agree with the fast turnaround,
but once 1.2.11 exists, the point is, they can.

We've burned the users with deprecating mod_jk2.  Generating churn
in mod_jk (as opposed to solid, stable releases) will only continue
to lessen users' faith in jk as a production solution.

Bill