Mladen Turk wrote:
Scott Marlow wrote:

Hi,
I wonder if anyone has any feedback on a performance change that I am
working on making.

Can you compare the performance of you code with the standard
implementation when the concurrency is lower then maxThreads
value?

I see no point to make patches that will deal with cases presuming
that the concurrency is always higher then the actual number of
worker threads available.

IMHO this is a bad design approach for the http applications,
and NIO performance is a proof of that.
It might help in cases where you have a very very slow clients.
In any other case the thread context switching will kill
the performance thought.

Further more I don't see how can you avoid keep-alive connection
problems without using a thread-per-connection model.
The point is that with 100 keep-alive connections you will still
have 100 busy threads.

Why ? 100 keep alive connections doesn't mean 100 active requests, in real servers there are many 'keep alive' connections that are just waiting for the next request.

In all servers I know, concurrency was higher than the configured number of workers - at peak time, at least, where performance matters.