Hi,

I've been asking some more questions about restarts on the Apache list, and
was redirected back here...

Does anyone know (David, Mladen?) what will happen to session affinity is
this situation?

ie with Apache in front of several tomcats using mod_jk, when Apache is
restarted "gracefully" using "apache -k restart" (Windows) will session
affinity be preserved across the restart?  ie will browsers with a session
open with a particular Tomcat continue being directed to that particular
Tomcat after the restart?

cheers,

David

|         |           David Rees       |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           m>               |
|         |           05/25/2005 02:37 |
|         |           "Tomcat          |
|         |           Developers List" |

On 5/25/05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Is this still true if we were to define "extra" workers that are marked
as
> disabled at startup?  Could we then point them to any new servers as they
> are added and enable them without a restart?  I know it's not very clean,
> but would it work?
>
> We'd *really* like to find a way around having to force a restart.

Have you seen if a graceful restart of Apache works for you?  Graceful
restarts of Apache have worked for me in the past to add new workers
without dropping requests.

-Dave