That's true, out of date docmentation is practically useless. I would
hope that if it were a complete enough document that hopefully design
changes could be recorded in there as well (by whomever commits or
creates the patch?). At least that'd be my hope, not to say that would
actually happen :). If a single person has to maintain the
documentation then they effectively have to digest and realize what
various changes mean, so it makes sense that the person who makes the
changes also change the design document. At least this way it possibly
reduces some duplicated effort.

Probably a silly question, but the JspC is the command line
entry-point, and the JspServlet is the on-demand entry-point correct?

Regards,
Scott