Remy Maucherat wrote:
So I, for one, would be most appreciative of splitting the traffic; I already do split it in my email client, but I think this would be a
help to many participants.  [Especially if, for example, you want the
dev@ traffic to go to a higher priority email account, and have the
commits/issues type traffic hit your lower priority account.]

Of course, but also fewer people will care about bug reports.

I doubt that filling the inbox with the bug reports or commit messages will make anyone care more ( or make anyone read them when they don't want to ) :-) It seems most people use filters anyway, and those who don't ( like using gmane or a web-based interface ) just suffer the noise, but still ignore the bugs/commits they don't care about.

I would really appreciate splitting them - I try to read tomcat-dev as much as possible, but web-based interfaces ( like gmane's RSS view or the html viewer ) are almost useless due to the noise, and filtering the news is not easy either.