Hiya,

I need to override a container-wide library, i.e. use only the class
files provided with my servlet even though Tomcat provides (and
pre-loads, its the Jaxp parser) classes of the same name.

The servlet spec 2.3 PFD says in section 9.6.2 that containers should
provide some method for servlets to require extensions from a specific
vendor (i.e. ASF, instead of sun), supposedly through the
MANIFEST.MF. I couldn't find any details for that, though. I'm using
TOMCAT 4.0m4

Has Tomcat support for doing this?

Regards

--
        Ingo Luetkebohle / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 95428014

its easy to stop using Perl: I do it after every project