From: Voegele, Jason [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 10:07 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Request Parameters Getting Lost

I'm still having difficulty obtaining the request parameters from the implicit JSP request object.

I tried the JSP page listed below.  It worked fine when I put it in the TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\root directory, however, if I put it in another subdirectory or set up a context to point to another directory, it no longer works.  Everything else works fine, but the request parameters just aren't there.

For example, the JSP listed below works when placed in TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\root and invoked as http://localhost:8080/listparm.jsp?parm1=val1&parm2=val2

However, I tried to place this JSP into TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\parmtest, and then set up the web.xml file to make listparm.jsp the "welcome page", but when I do that the request parameters get lost again.  The JSP page still works properly, the the request parameters just aren't there.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with this?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Jason Voegele