Hi Peter,

I think you have to add the jndi.properties file (see JONAS_ROOT
directory) to classpath. I have added it to the classpath of the
environment in which tomcat is started. I tried to put into the
        WEB-INF/lib packed into a test.jar -> no success
        WEB-INF/classes -> no success
        /tomcat/lib -> no success
        export CLASSPATH=... -> SUCCESS

Does anybody knows a better solution???

simon

Peter Knight schrieb:

> I have tried to invoke EJB's from TOMCAT and get:
>
> Internal Servlet Error:
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Need to specify class name in environment or
> system property:
> Root cause:
> javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in
> environment or system property: e.t.c.
>
> The EJB resides in an Oracle 8i 8.1.6 database.
> I have included the EJB API and the two EJB jar files in the class path and
> it doesn't seem to matter what I do, I cannot get it to work!!
> PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!
>
> Regards Peter Knight

> Important Note: This E-Mail is confidential, it must not be read,
> copied, disclosed or used by any person other than the above
> named addressees. Unauthorised use, disclosure or copying is
> strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Eurostar (U.K.) Limited
> disclaims any liability for any action taken in reliance on the
> content of this E-Mail. The comments or statements expressed in
> this E-Mail are not necessarily those of Eurostar (U.K.) Limited
> or its subsidiaries or affiliates.
>
> Eurostar (U.K.) Ltd. Registered Office: Eurostar House, Waterloo
> Station, London, SE1 8SE, Registered in England No. 2462001
> VAT No. GB 657 719 590
begin:vcard
n:Oldeboershuis;Simon
tel;fax:+49.30.44350949
tel;work:+49.30.44350943
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:outermedia;Entwicklung
adr:;;Greifswalder Str. 207;Berlin;;10405;
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
fn:Simon Oldeboershuis
end:vcard