[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Tomcat 3.2 allocates a thread from a pool to handle a session.

Actually, to handle a request -- not a session.

> Can this pooling behavior be turned off so that threads die at the end of a
>request/response cycle? (as per the Tomcat 3.1 default)

Not with the standard PoolTcpConnector that is used.  You could switch to using the
SimplePoolConnector -- but I doubt it has had very
much testing lately.

Also, why would you want this?  Recycling the threads in the pooled connector is one
of the reasons that Tomcat 3.2 has better
performance than 3.1.

Craig McClanahan