It works now.  A bit strange cause the command you gave was the same I was using
(except for the BSD stuff since I'm on linux) with the exception of the
-I/usr/local/apache/include bit because the mod_jk documentation didn't mention
it.  I guess that made all the difference.  Thanks a bunch.  Actually, you can add
Sun's 1.3 JVM for linux to the list since that's what I'm on and it works fine
now.  Again, thanks alot.

Craig B.