On 14/12/2000 11:02:40, "Stief Dirckx" has wisely spoken thusly:
>Hello
>
>(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/index.html) but
>it's not all that clear to me. It's not clear to me what order I have to
>use to install everything properly. Do I also need JDK, how do I install
>that?
You need a JDK because Tomcat is a Java application, servlets and JSP are java
programs. JSP especially needs to be compiled by the server
the first time they are accessed. Look on http://java.sun.com/ for docs and JDK to
download.

> How do I install Tomcat properly and configure it? How do I use the
>ISAPI redirector?
Tomcat installation is quite straighforward (unzip it, run "tomcat start"). The ISAPI
part is the most difficult.
Look at http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/tomcat-iis-howto.html

> What i'm asking is the follow: is there a document that
>really gives a good order on installing, activating and configuring Tomcat
>on IIS. I do know some things about webservers and Windows, so technically
>it won't be a problem. It's just the correct order that important to me and
>that it cover everything from scratch to a running a servlet. Please help
>me ASAP.
I work with Apache, JServ and recently Tomcat (under Linux) for quite a long time and
I thougth I know some things about windows but I still
cannot get any Servlet working in IIS. Good luck ...

Gael Laurans