Hi All,

I hope someone will help me to make it. (Hopefully......)

System Details of my machine:-
    Tomcat 3.2.1
    Apache 1.3.14 for  WINDOWS
    mod_ssl 2.7.1
    Open SSL 0.9.6
    WINDOWS  NT 4.0 (SP5)

I'm interested to implement ****SSL  w/Apache with Digital Certificate.****
For doing this could u please guide me on following issues :-

Although,there is a good support for mod_ssl and Open SSL for Apache
Most of it is available for  ****UNIX / Linux****  platforms only.
I'm interested to get help for WINDOWS(unfortunately......).

(1) Apart from User Guides for mod-ssl and OpenSSL can u suggest
    some good URLs or any other Ref. for configuring Apache for SSL
    and using Digital Certificate ?
(2) Is it necessary to implement SSL for Tomcat(Application Server) also
     for implementing SSL w/Apache (Web Server) ?
(3) How can we exchange contents of session across HTTP and HTTPS in
     above implementation ? Are any changes required in Tomcat for this
     ( like using different context for secure area of  site ) ?
(4) Is it essential to create a virtual host on Apache for using SSL (for
hosting
     that part of the site , to which we want to assign secure connection) ?
(5) Can we establish SSL without using Digital Certificate ? In that case
how
     reliable it is ?

I hope , I won't get disappointed.
Thanks a lot in advance.