It happens with tomcat frequently(my personal observation), you can try thread pooling with tomcat,  load sharing (ie using more servers if you got money :)  or using more of apache which is quite robust by pregenrating the more accessed pages and let apache serve them.

Regards,
Shuklix
-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Altman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2000 5:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Tomcat freezes: using mod_jk - please help

Apache 1.3 on Linux (2 processors) with Tomcat 3.2.1 and mod_jk.

When traffic to our site increases, tomcat freezes and does not respond.
I have to kill tomcat, and restart apache and tomcat to get it to work again.

Any known issues or configuration problems that would cause that?
Is there a specific configuration file that I should re-examine?

Any debugging steps I should take?

Thanks.

----
Greg Altman, ETIN Technologies