On 1/8/01 5:37 PM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> casually stated:

> Is it in Dreamweaver UD your trying to make a live data
> connection, if so the driver must be accessible via
> Dreamweaver, this is not a tomcat config issue it would be
> local WS config (try throwing the dll in the system32
> dir)...
>
> later,
> -b
>
>> ...but I've been working and reading about this for
> several weeks, and I
>> still can't figure out how to do it.
>>
>> I have a local website whose root is based at /u1/www.
>>
>> I want all .jsp files to be handled by Tomcat.
>>
>> When I connect to http://localhost, I get the index.html
> file under
>> .../tomcat/webapps/ROOT.
>>
>> When I connect to http://localhost/index.html, I get the
> index.html file
>> from /u1/www.
>>
>> When I connect to http://localhost/surveyor.jsp, I get
> HTTP 404 file not
>> found.
>>
>> I'm using Macromedia Dreamweaver to generate the JSP
> files and attempting to
>> access MySQL via the mm.msql driver. When I connect from
> Dreamweaver, it
>> tells me that there is no driver available.
>>
>> Here's my tomcat.conf file (this tends to change 40-50
> times per day):
>>
>> LoadModule jserv_module libexec/apache/mod_jserv.so
>> <IfModule mod_jserv.c>
>> # Do not edit!
>> ApJServManual on
>> ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
>> ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
>> ApJServMountCopy on
>> ApJServLogLevel notice
>> ApJServLogFile /var/log/mod_jserv.log
>> ### Change if you run tomcat on a different host
>> ApJServDefaultHost localhost
>> ApJServDefaultPort 8007
>> #################### All jsp files will go to tomcat
> ####################
>> ApJServMount default /root
>> AddType text/jsp .jsp
>> AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp
>> ############################## Context mapping - all
> requests go to tomcat
>> ApJServMount /servlet /root
>> #
>> ############################## Context mapping - you need
> to "deploy"
>> # ( copy or ln -s ) the context into htdocs
>> ##
>> # ApJservMount /CONTEXT/servlet /root
>> # <Location /CONTEXT/WEB-INF/ >
>> # AllowOverride None
>> # deny from all
>> # </Location>
>> <LocationMatch /*.jsp>
>> SetHandler jserv-servlet
>> </LocationMatch>
>> </IfModule>
>>
>> I feel like an absolute idiot, because I keep reading and
> re-reading the
>> documentation at jakarta.apache.org, but nothing seems to
> work. I hope this
>> isn't a terrible problem because I believe other websites
> have .jsp files in
>> their root directory. What's going on??

> [...]

The driver is on the webserver under the root directory (/u1/www) where,
according to the documentation, it's supposed to be. The problem is that,
when I try and connect to the .jsp file (the driver) then it's looking
underneath the tomcat directory.

BTW, there's no system32 directory under FreeBSD...

Glen