venkatesan wrote:

> Hi all,
>     1) I downloaded binary version of jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1.tar. I
> configured it
> in my Linux6.3 system. The tomcat server is running locally. While i try

You are running a Distribution that is at version 6.3 I assume, since
the latest release of Linux is 2.4.0. I don't know what distribution
that is, so I can't be sure of where your Apache stuff is installed or
anything.

> to configure it to Apache server which is in the same machine, i gone
> through the user guide and it tells that there should be one mode_jk
> module and in that there would be mod_jk.so file. But i could not find
> out mod_jk.so file else anywhere in my tomcat directory. I have both
> mod_jk.conf and mod_jk.conf-auto..... How can i get the file mod_jk.so
> and include in my Apache httpd.conf.

Under /etc/httpd create a directory called 'libexec' and put the
mod_jk.so file in there.
Then in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf add a line like:
Include /<path to tomcat>/conf/mod_jk.conf

I don't like to use the mod_jk.conf-auto because it makes assumptions
about your setup (using /servlet/* for all servlet calls for example).
So, just edit the mod_jk.conf to however you need it - you could use the
auto created version as a starting point.

> 2) I donwnloaded a source version too. But i could not get mod_jk.so
> file after giving the command make -f Makefile.linux int the director
> ......./native/apache1.3/.. it tells that  the file namely jni.h in
> ...../jk/jk_jni_worker file is not found. so mod_jk.so files build is
> failed.. How can i get and the file mod_jk.so..  Pls help me i am
> spending lots time
> because of this.......

jni.h is one of the Java Native Interface headers. These are needed by
Java programs to be able to call C code. To fix this, run: 'export
JAVA_HOME=<path to jdk>' before you use the make command..