sushil wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I am trying to run tomcat stand alone on an NT platform. I am trying to run
> the server on a different ip from that of the host i.e we need to be able to
> run tomcat not from the localhost address but from an allocated ip address.
>
> What cahnges do i need to make this work as I keep getting the screen which
> disappears after a few seconds when  trying to run startup.bat
>
>  Regards

Modify the catalina.bat or tomcat.bat file in the bin directory
so that it doesn't do a "start" before running java. Then you will
be able to see what errors it is giving.

You lost me on the IP thing.   Tomcat will repond on whatever IP's your
machine has available by default.. localhost is just the name of the
default
loopback.