Why is it a bad idea to use a session variable?

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Layman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 3:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Speeding up database accesses

        One possibility (altough a bad idea) is to stick it into your
session.

        Another possibility is to create an object that has a static
variable for the Connection.  Then provide methods to access it.  Remember
that you need to make sure only one thing at a time is using the connection.

        There are some pooling connection managers out there already.  One
that I know of off the top of my head is PoolMan.  You can go over to
sourceforge.net and search for it.

        Randy