From: Steve Ruby [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 4:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Speeding up database accesses

For one reason you are going to have a connection dedicated
to that session even if it isn't using it, so you will
have one connection per session when you really only need
one connection per use which is likely to be MUCH smaller, especially
considering the session doesn't die until session-timeout so you
will have a buch of lame connection sitting around takeing up
memory waiting to die..

A pool (especially a good one) will allow you to have
only the number of connections you need available to you
at any time.