> However, it would seem to me that the proper behavior in the
> case of a null
> username would be to return false immediately, rather than
> run a query off
> the database with a null parameter.
>
> The code I'm referring to is circa line 306 in
> apache/tomcat/request/JDBCRealm.java
>

> Any thoughts?

Only one, you are right !! :).

I'll try to have a look at this soon, some more people are trying to use
JDBCRealm with Interbase with no success because the same problem,

So if your solution is right, modify the code , test it and contribute a
patch( follow guidelines on http://jakarta.apache.org/site/source.html
please ),

if you cant or does not have the time or simply dont want to do it, post
a bug on http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla ....

In either case , Many thanks for point this out .. i will try to solve
it ASAP, stay tuned to CVS..

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega