At 05:42 AM 8/5/2003, you wrote:
I am trying to build FrontController servlet for a web site on Tomcat 4 ,
after long time of changes on the web.xml file , I wasn't able to achieve
this pattern,
the web.xml portion is :

<servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>FCservlet</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

my problem start when the FrontController servlet needs to forward the
request to other jsp pages
and when he uses the Forward method , the tomcat activate my FrontController
again , and after a  while  I get : StackOverflowError .

You say that you're using the forward() method -- why? There are reasons to do this, but if you're trying to create a FrontController, then presumably you're not interested in hitting your jsps directly in the first place. Is there any reason you aren't using a RequestDispatcher to dispatch/include your jsp page output instead of forwarding to the page?

justin

Justin Ruthenbeck
Software Engineer, NextEngine Inc.
justinr - AT - nextengine DOT com