From: Barclay A. Dunn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 1:44 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: active session counting, redux

ok, that is helpful. (both things.)

after changing the timeout to 5 min, i confirmed that indeed it was
destroying a session after 5 min.

the reason i went with HttpSessionListener was i had read that using
HttpSessionBindingListener, once the session was unbound, you couldn't
get any info on that session.

the reason i went with my user implementing HttpSessionListener was i
had read that you had to implement it in an object that would be bound
to the session, and my user object is the only one i am certain to bind
to the session.

now, i now you guys have had endless discussions about active session
counting (hence my subject line contains "redux"), and i apologize for
bringing up an old and re-re-rehashed topic, but i could still use a
little more advice. i haven't quite got it working yet, but nevertheless
i guess i'm ready now to hear what i should have done instead of what i
did do.

thanks,

Barclay A. Dunn
Senior Developer