P.S. to Michael:
Sure. If you don't know anything about it, don't waste internet bandwidth
sending it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Wentzel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2001 8:35 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: Tomcat Servlets & IIS ASP ?

> I have servlets that insert code into responses (using
> filters) and I'd like
> to know if my client is using an ASP on IIS, will I be able
> to catch the
> response and insert my html code in that response?
>
> Also, will I be able to get requests also before IIS has
> start processing
> that ASP?

I know I've heard of, but haven't delt with, COM brokers for java
so you might check into that for some possibilities.

Maybe a servlet that you could make a COM request from the ASP
using this brokerage that would pass back the html but not actually
"insert" the html.  Just a stab in the dark.  I haven't done
anything like this myself.

Definitely an interesting prospect you have going there....

PS - Hey look John G. you get to see another of my responses on the
     list!!!  Lucky you.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

NOTICE:  This communication may contain confidential or other privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this
communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or
otherwise use the information.  Also, please indicate to the sender that you have
received this email in error, and delete the copy you received.  Any communication
that does not relate to official Columbia business is that of the sender and is
neither given nor endorsed by Columbia.  Thank you.